1 (edited by Sqye 2012-04-07 20:23:13)

Topic: Newbie Windows 7 UFX User - Driver Installation + MIDI Control Issues

Hi all!

OK, so I've been a very happy FF800 user for a while now.

I just received my UFX, installed the USB and FW drivers, performed the Firmware update to:
UFX SW Vs: 1.48
Driver Version: 3.0.67.0
Total Mix Version: .963 DSP Version
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Issue #1: Every bootup, Windows 7 keeps asking me to run 4 executables - FF Mixer, USB Mixer, Total Mix, and Total Mix USB.
No matter what I do, I can't prevent the machine from asking to re-run these executables on bootup.
I tried driver re-installs, etc.

Do I need to have both USB and FW drivers installed if I'm only using the FW driver? There's obviously a driver config issue here.

Issue #2: After successfully setting up my B-Control (BCN-44) to control MIDI mix snapshot switching (1-8) in Total Mix,
the changes somehow got deleted, and now, no matter what I do, I can't get the B-Control to talk to Total Mix any longer.

I've read the manual, read everything I could find at the RME site regarding these two issues, and I can't think of what to do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

My system specs:
Windows 7x64 Professional
Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz 3.10 GHz
12 GB DDR3 RAM

DAW is Sonar Producer 8.3.1
MIDI controller = B-Conttrol - BCN44
MIDI Keyboard = Edirol PCR-M80 (via USB)

2 (edited by Sqye 2012-04-09 04:09:19)

Re: Newbie Windows 7 UFX User - Driver Installation + MIDI Control Issues

OK, Issue #1 is solved.

Issue #2 is still unsolved. I've spent over 6 hours trying to get global Dim and Snapshots automated with the B-Control.

I had everything working fairly quickly with the Fireface 800.

But the new UFX and Total Mix is not as happy with my MIDI controls and programming.

3 (edited by Sqye 2012-04-17 15:24:36)

Re: Newbie Windows 7 UFX User - Driver Installation + MIDI Control Issues

OK, I talked with the US RME distributor (Jeff at Synthax), e-mailed with RME support, spoke with a bunch of tech consultants,
including my main tech consultant, and Jim Roseberry at Studiocat who built my DAW (he also sells RME gear)

- and nada.

Standard MIDI control for Snapshots and Dim (in Total Mix) are not happening with my B-Control Nano BCN44 or Edirol PCR-M80 units.

So, I've uninstalled the UFX, and re-installed the Fireface 800 and the previous driver - which is again working perfectly with my BCN44.

I'll wait for the UFX Advanced Remote, and take it from there. The UFX might be happier with the Remote, as opposed to Standard MIDI.