1 (edited by cobiashimew 2012-04-11 01:02:44)

Topic: UFX unstable lately?

TMFX 0.97 beta 4, driver 3.067, hardware 3.41, win7 x64

Hi,

I usually leave my computer and UFX powered up always and it has never glitched or had any problems.
However, recently when I go to my system in the morning I have problems. Sometimes the audio is distorted
with constant popping sound like a clocking problem. Sometimes I can change the sample rate and it will go away.
Sometimes that has no effect and i have to reboot my system then things are fine.

Also I can just be sitting there and I will notice activity on a random software output in TMFX.

I recorded a piece of it and it sounds like this:
software output clicking noise
It is a constant clicking noise that shows up on the software outputs.

A reboot and its gone.

I have tried both USB and Firewire and get the same issue.

Thanks,
Chip Borton

i7 Extreme 990X 3.47Ghz, 24GB RAM, Fireface UFX
Nuendo 8, Halion 6, Wavelab 9.5, Izotope RX 6

Re: UFX unstable lately?

cobiashimew wrote:

Also I can just be sitting there and I will notice activity on a random software output in TMFX.
It looks like this:
tmfx software out

You have the Out 7/8 playback channels routed to the outputs here.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by cobiashimew 2012-04-10 18:34:12)

Yes that is correct. I usually have phones 11/12 or AN 7/8 software outputs routed to a hardware output like AN1/2 or AN3/4.
Have been since day one a year ago. I have Nuendo set to output on software playback 7/8 and route that to different hardware
outputs like AN1/2 or AN3/4. Why would that be a problem?

Even if I have no routing set up at all, I shouldn't see (or hear) activity on a software output that really should have nothing there.
This happens even if there are no other programs running except totalmixFX.

This is a random thing that all of a sudden just started happening. Not always but sometimes.

Sorry, didn't realize you said the picture showed "random activity" of the software playback channel. Is there a software program open that could be sending audio to the channel? Is the output set as default in Control Panel / Sounds?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

5 (edited by cobiashimew 2012-04-10 18:55:27)

Yah, at first I assumed it was Nuendo wigging out, like I said I usually keep Nuendo up and running 24/7 but when this started happening
I started closing Nuendo and all other programs for the night. When I get there in the morning sometimes my sound is distorted or I see
that clicking sound coming from a software output. Its not always the same software output either.

Thanks as always!

Edit: My default windows sound is set to phones 11/12.