Topic: HDSP 9632 can't run 32bit float sessions in Pro Tools 10

We have to run all sessions in 24bit instead of 32 bit , when you try to make a new session 32bit you get the classic "Pro Tools was unable to initialize the audio playback device" or something in those words then Pro Tools crashes by closing! Now I heard about the latest drivers and I guess we will have to see if there is a newer one, but we installed the latest HDSP 9632 driver for Windows 7 64bit just a few weeks ago?

Re: HDSP 9632 can't run 32bit float sessions in Pro Tools 10

Pro Tools should be able to have different bit resolutions for its project and for talking to the audio interface. Note that interfaces have 24 bits (a limit in SPDIF, AES and ADAT), and even the analog ones do not exceed around 21 dB. It makes no sense to do that conversion in the interface's driver. That's why all other DAWs have such a double setting.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: HDSP 9632 can't run 32bit float sessions in Pro Tools 10

Yes thank you, I basically said to Sweetwater Support that like you said it doesn't make any sense because 4 years ago when I first got the HDSP 9632,   I was runningthe same RME Card and daughter card on a Windows XP Computer with 32bit OS using Nuendo 2.5. This set up could run the DAW in 32bit float at 192k with no hiccups at all, so I guess that is what logic I was using to say I don't believe the problem is in the RME Audio Interface but with settings in Pro Tools 10 or drivers. We did what Avid said to do which is trash the Pro Tools Preference files but that still did not handle the problem.