Topic: Babyface - Not turning on unless I disconnect then reconnect

I recently bought a babyface.

I always shut down my studio computer properly and then power down from the mains when I finish working.

My problem is that when I power up my system again the babyface remains switched off as if unconnected and it remains this way until I unplug the usb cable and reconnect it again, after which everything operates normally.

The problem persists whether I use single or dual usb 2.0 connection. I've checked I'm running the latest hardware revision (185) and the fut confirms its up to date.

I've been through the forum and haven't seen anyone with quite the same problem but I'm pretty sure this isn't normal.

Please help.

I'm running

Windows XP sp2
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.50GHz
4Gb Ram

Thanks

Re: Babyface - Not turning on unless I disconnect then reconnect

You' ve tried the remote wakeup on USB in the BIOS of your computer?

best regards
Knut

Hi,

Thanks for the replay.

I've been through the bios setup utility. I've searched through usb configuration/Advanced Power Management and other seemingly related options.

In APM configuration menu no usb device option exists only those for ps2, PCIe, PCI, external modems etc are listed.

My usb mouse and keyboard are capable of waking the system up from sleep/suspended mode without issue.

All usb devices on my system turn on when the system is powered up (usb mouse, usb keyboard and 2 different usb midi controllers) its only the babyface that has this issue.

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Jiff

If i'm the only one experiencing this issue then I guess I must have a faulty unit.

I'm sure it wasn't made to operate like that.

I'd really like to get this sorted.... someone please help.

Thanks

Try a different USB cable. Also try an external power supply into the BF.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried swapping cables with my other usb devices.

My 2 devices power up normally with the BF cable, but the BF still needs to be reconnected to receive power whichever cable I connect it to.