Topic: New UCX user logic ping question

Hi

I have been using my new UCX for the last week. I am really enjoying it.

A quick question, done the search thing and can't find the answer i am looking for.

My previous interface was a saffire pro 40.

When I would try and use external hardware with it, it would come up with a 15 sample offset in logic (that was at 96khz). (via the I/O plug in)

When I do the same thing, with the UCX , i get 0 Samples offset.

Is that wrong?

Is the RME driver taking care of everything, and reporting to logic and I shouldn't worry?

I have all the routing set up correctly and its working, just wondering about the offset.

thanks in advance

Wiz

Re: New UCX user logic ping question

bump

bump...surely someone is using logic?

okay who do you have to sleep with around here to get an answer...8)....DeadHorse

bump

bump.....  awesome responses I must say....

Not sure what answers you are looking for. Since the RME driver reports correct latency values to software, there should be no extra offset. If you use an external converter on ADAT or SPDIF instead of built-in analog I/O, then these values are no longer correct.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Not sure what answers you are looking for. Since the RME driver reports correct latency values to software, there should be no extra offset. If you use an external converter on ADAT or SPDIF instead of built-in analog I/O, then these values are no longer correct.

thank you for replying...that is exactly the answer I was looking for......that it was correct.

(because it reported 0 samples offset, I was concerned that it wasn't reporting anything back to logic)

Thanks very much for replying.

Wiz