1 (edited by spacealf 2012-04-30 19:43:52)

Topic: Unfortunately Babyface AN 1 Output Question?

Just lately the AN1 hardware output according to TotalMixFX is being about 5.5dB higher in volume than AN2 and on anything played if at the same volume say 0dB then it is peaking or will peak according to what is being played into the red. It did not do this before, and it does not distort or anything or noisy just is louder. Software playback levels on AN1 and AN2 are fine and balanced according to the source. Control room is output to Phones 3/4 which is also fine for balance. Only AN1 hardware output (third row) is outputting more now lately. Is something failing in the Babyface as it does not seem to be the connection cable or any cable since it is in the Babyface unit. Well, any advise on how long it may take to fail maybe because do I wait or just state what is wrong and send it back to the dealer to check it out? I have had the Babyface now for a year and a little over 2 months, bought in February of last year.

??

Nothing else wrong with it except that readout level in TotalMixFX.
Not looking for a give me just the possibility that AN1 hardware output may fail in the future totally??
Also if I down the hardware output of AN1 about -5.5dB than both outputs are looking like the rest (software playback and control room with output to phones 3/4)(closest I can come to balancing both AN1 and AN2 outputs to look like the software output or control room output).

(Oh, have not used ADAT or SPDIF outputs or inputs to know about those, only AN1 and AN2 inputs).
(Oh, I use "Free" and not "Submix" for routing and no trims on right side of TotalMixFX.)

Re: Unfortunately Babyface AN 1 Output Question?

If you see the difference in the meters, it's most likely just a routing error. Look at the An 1/2 submix, or try a reset (Options > Reset Mix > Total Reset).

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Unfortunately Babyface AN 1 Output Question?

Well, I did a total reset and that did it, now it is even again. Computer probably needs cleaning as sometimes when starting up the OS I been getting a snapshot a couple of times just recently with nothing set in TotalMixFX instead of a Workspace like I usually get when TotalMixFX is loading up. Checked computer files but sometimes Windows XP does things like that I have no idea why since there is nothing else wrong it seems except the OS doing that when starting up the computer. Checking the files before starting usually ends that also. Don't think there is a virus or anything on my computer, although I probably will check that also.

Thanks, working fine again!