Topic: Guitar signal to ADAT input of HDSP 9652

Hello,

I have the RME HDSP 9652 card and I want to use one of the ADAT-inputs for guitar-recordings.

What is the cheapest way to convert the guitar signal (line-cable 6,3mm) to the ADAT-input of my RME-card?

I think I need an A/D-converter, but this converter needs an ADAT-output to fit the RME-cards input.

Which hardware is recommendable?

thans for the answers.

Re: Guitar signal to ADAT input of HDSP 9652

You will need the find an all-in-one device or separate devices that do the following:

- provide an analog input designed to accept an instrument signal directly
- provides the instrument direct input signal with analog gain control and line level amplification
- provides the input with A/D conversion and an optical or coaxial digital output connector

Several manufacturers offer all-in-one solutions, and the Micstasy would be included in this list. Visit your local pro audio store and ask for recommendations to find out the cheapest options available if your sound quality requirements are flexible. If you need professional results the cheapest solution may not be the best choice.

best regards,
Blair Francey
Fireface 802/ARC USB; HDSP Multiface x 2; 2023 AMD Windows 10 Custom PC

Thank you for the very quick reply.

Today I got an email from Motu introducing a new hardware called "microbook", but this thing seems not to have an ADAT-output.

So the local dealer will be the first step.
Thank you again.

Here is a link to one affordable example of the type of all-in-one devices you are looking for:

http://artproaudio.com/art_products/sig … altubepre/

Your local dealer can suggest alternatives if they don't sell this particular unit

best regards,
Blair Francey
Fireface 802/ARC USB; HDSP Multiface x 2; 2023 AMD Windows 10 Custom PC

That ART doesn't have any ADAT Outputs - only Coax SPDIF - but I do believe the OP's HDSP9652 also has a Coax SPDIF I/O.  Cheap?  Yes.  But I'm not a huge fan of bargain basement stuff like that TBH...

For the OP - What other ADAT AD/DA's do you currently use with your HDSP9652?  You can likely get a line-level DI box that would interface with your existing converters (or even a dual-purpose Mic Pre/DI unit like a used GT "The Brick" or similar).  If you already have an ADAT Mic Pre, a passive mic-level DI is all you need...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8