Topic: Babyface feedback loop with system audio above 48kHz

I think I know my way around TotalMix, so this has got me confused… I have just bought a Babyface and installed it as a standalone device on my Mac OS X 10.7.4 laptop (driver version: 1.66). It all works fine below 48kHz, but if I have system audio routed to it and set its sample rate to 96kHz, each system sound is accompanied by a short series of repeats. Audio from other clients (eg: iTunes, Pro Tools) is OK. It isn't the delay effect! Indeed, if either of the effects units are switched on this feedback-type issue just goes to full – even though nothing is routed to the FX sends, and none of the FX returns are up (and nothing meters in the effects section).

Any clues? Restarting didn't help… Thanks.

Re: Babyface feedback loop with system audio above 48kHz

Mac OS X 10.7.4 on Macbook Air 11 (2011), Babyface driver v1.66.

The same problem...

I'm having the same problem. Typically, if I have one audio stream playing and start a second, the audio starts stuttering and software playback channels 1/2 overload. Sometimes coreaudio hangs and I have to kill it or reboot. MacOS 10.7.4, Fireface UC, firmware v115, driver v1.69, 2010 iMac, 2.96MHz i7, 16GB ram, 88.2Khz sample rate. I never had this problem before installing 10.7.4.

Thanks for the details. We are checking.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello.

I can confirm same behavior on MacBook Pro5.5, Lion 10.7.4 (clean installation), UCX (USB, firmware v42 , driver v1.69). Whenever I have Logic Pro running, if I select any sample rate above 48 khz, system audio (routed to any software playback of the UCX) overloads (kind of feedback delay?).

Peace and love.

eDu

I'm also having a problem under 10.7.4. According to some other sources on the internet, Apple finally fixed an audio driver issue in the latest point release for 10.7.4?

Anyway, if I'm transferring data to an external hdd (USB), while playing back music/video, the audio stutters. This did not happen before the latest point release.

Cheers,
bog

10.7.4 in combination with our USB drivers does not allow more than one sound source playback. As soon as the second source starts audio is garbled. When the second source stops audio is ok again. We are already examining this and looking for a fix. Stay tuned.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Anyone interested might try the new driver 1.70. It is too early to be sure we fixed it, but on our systems it seems to work now.

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dr … ac_170.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Holy ****!!!

Problem solved, now I can use any sample rate (MacBook Pro5.5, Lion 10.7.4, UCX (USB, firmware v42 , driver v1.70))

You guys are amazing, that's dedication, that's customer support.

Thank you one more time MC and the rest of the team.

Peace & love.

eDu

Excellent fix. This works very well. Thanks!

Mac OS X 10.7.4 on Macbook Air 11 (2011), Babyface driver v1.70.

Works fine for me! Thanks!

Crikey! You fixed that quicker than I could get round to testing v1.69. v1.70 installed now and all working. It's reassuring to know I made the right choice investing in RME hardware; thank you.