Topic: a pc for ufx monitoring

hi,

ok let's face it : i won't buy an ipad.

but i want/need to see TMFX when recording in location (i mean away from my studio) with durec with my beloved ufx.
i won't carry my 12 tons macpro of course, and then i got this old laptop pc from a relative (my first pc) : a dell inspiron 9400 (don't know what it means).

i installed the pc driver, and the TMFX, seems to work, i mean there's sound and i can knob the TMFX. didn't test that much.

anyway, just want to know if this "crap" could make my recording bug, i mean durec recording. i think, the answer is "no", it could NEVER bug the recording, since it would be used only to see the TMFX. but want to be sure, since i can't trust this old computer (2006 ?), with this win OS i don't understand at all . (it is XP). is there anything i can check ? (i'm a pc total neebie)

also : what's happening if during a durec recording the computer shut down or get messy ?

a

Re: a pc for ufx monitoring

It still works as before.

best regards
Knut

Re: a pc for ufx monitoring

The crap will not influence your recording. If your computer shuts down or gets 'messy' it could stop DURec when the sample rate changes. Which is highly unlikely.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME