Topic: modded UFX + ARC remote = finally functional the way I want

I sent my UFX in to Synthax for the mod to be able to purchase the ARC remote and have it work in my early serial number unit. Today I got it back and was finally able to figure out a configuration in Totalmix and the ARC so I can switch between my near/mid fields as well as a subwoofer without having to resort to grabbing the computer mouse.

UFX Output 1 and 2 are my near fields. UFX Output 3 and 4 are my Mid fields. Output 4 is my Sub. Before the ARC I was ignoring the Control Room section in Totalmix altogether and simply switching Snapshots between 1 and 2 to switch between near/mid setups. I was using the hardware output faders only. I set up a Fader Group so that the Sub would rise and fall along with the Mid fields.

With the ARC hooked up, I set up the first 2 top row buttons to switch between the two Snapshots. But I also routed AN1/2 as the Main Out and AN3/4 as the MainB Out and linked the two faders so volume would remain constant switching between the two. I grouped the Sub out Fader with the Main Out fader and all works well.

I figure this way I can also set up a 5.1 Mix with a 3rd Snapshot using the ARC as well. I could also set up a snapshot where the sub works with the near fields, but I don't like using the sub with my near fields.

Re: modded UFX + ARC remote = finally functional the way I want

Excellent!

I am also thinking about the mod... what is the cost?

https://granurise.com

I am also thinking about the mod... what is the cost?

This is different from country to country. Some distributors make the modification, some have to send the UFX in to a repair point. Please ask the RME distributor in your country.

best regards
Knut

Good to hear.  I'm considering the ARC for the same application.  Wish they had another color option though.