Topic: AES 32 totalmix loopback feature playback software

Hi
My new RME sound extremely well for playback music using JRiver.  I wonder why it is noted  in the manual (12.1) that this card should not be the preferred device for playback?  Is this statement applies for normal playback like I do, or just while recording music?

I am trying to find a way to bring a REW sweep signal through JRiver's MC17.
Can it be done with the totalmix loopback feature or it works only for recording softwares application.
There is no line-in option in JRiver but I ask this question in case something is possible from my HDSP AES 32 totalmixer?

jacques

Re: AES 32 totalmix loopback feature playback software

I have solved the way to play REW sweeps through JRiver's MC17 on windows XP sp3, by using VAC (virtual audio cable) and ASIO4all.  This way the ASIO loopback (live://asio) feature is now fuctional and is sending the REW signal to the REM HDSP AES32 card without problem.

I still wonder why it is noted, in the user's guide (ch 12.1),  that this card should not be the preferred device for playback?

I must misunderstand something.  This is not a negative criticism, so far I like it very much.  But I need this information befor I can recommand it to my friends.

thank you
jacques