1 (edited by luddy 2012-05-29 05:32:04)

Topic: UFX sends SysEx messages on port 1 in standalone mode

Hi,

I'm running driver version 1.70, firmware 352, under Mac 10.7.4.

When my UFX is in standalone mode it sends a steady stream of SysEx messages out port 1.  These should be ignored by attached MIDI devices but I think they're bothering a Virus TI that's attached to that port.  I wonder if there's a way to turn them off?  the actual message is "F0 00 00 66 14 00 F7", repeated every 1/2 second.  I should mention that the messages stop as soon as I plug the USB cable into the computer.

I have "MIDI Disabled in Standalone" selected in Settings, and MIDI control is off.   No (intentional) remote control going on here, just straight-up standalone mode.

thanks,

-Luddy

Re: UFX sends SysEx messages on port 1 in standalone mode

At the unit: Setup/Rev, Options, Hardware/Diagnosis, Standalone MIDI off.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by luddy 2012-05-29 12:52:05)

Thanks!  I'll try it and report back.  Just did a gig with sysex being sprayed at my Virus fryingpan :-)

[edit: that did it!  thx.]

-Luddy

While turning off Standalone MIDI at the unit fixed the problem I mentioned above, the UFX still squirts out one empty SysEx message when it is first plugged in via USB.  In other words, if it is on but in standalone mode, and I plug in the USB cable, then '0xF0 0xF7' comes out of port 1.  This is really no big deal, but it seems to me that the UFX should not originate any MIDI messages on its own by default (that is, unless MIDI remote control is requested).  It's a bit disconcerting because attached devices can think that they have received a badly formatted SysEx message and report the error...

-Luddy