Topic: babyface high pitched noise through the monitors

Hi

I'm new to this forum, but I've seen several topics concerning noise or hum coming through the speakers...
I have the same problem and i'm pretty sure it's related to the breakout cable. As soon as I pull out the cable the noise disappears.
Also, when I leave it in and instead pull out the xlr cables from the analog ins and outs the noise disappears. I have to pull out all fours cables though. All four cables are new Neutrik cables...

Is the breakout cable faulty perhaps? Is this a common problem?
The noise also seems to vary depending on what happens on my computer screen... Some applications like a browser seem to cause more noise then other applications...

Please help as it's driving me nuts...

many thanks
franco

Re: babyface high pitched noise through the monitors

Hi Franco,
Sounds like a grounding issue between your babyface and the computer and or some other gear plugged into the Babyface.
This can happen with any audio interface from any manufacturer. It is most common with laptops but can also happen with desktops. 
There is probably a grounding difference between one or both of your speakers and your computer.
In most cases using a ground list ona  DI box between your audio interface and speakers gets rid of the grounding problem.

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas