Topic: RME Fireface UC freezes when turned on and isn't recognised

Hi,

I got the Fireface UC a month ago and all was fine until I went to switch it on today and it went through what looked like a start up with the LED's going on and off then it freezes on when it gets to the 48v light on input 1. The light stays on and nothing happens Nothing on the display, nothing happens when I turn the knob and the computer doesn't recognise it. If I switch it on and off again it will go through a similar procedure (sometimes the display will light up) but it always freezes.

I have tried turning it on in standalone, tried different USB cables, taken any input or output jacks out and still nothing. It seems to have died! I also had all the latest drivers installed and followed the install procedure properly (it was working for a month!).

Have I got a faulty unit?

Thanks,

Re: RME Fireface UC freezes when turned on and isn't recognised

Switched to Apple or PC mode (see manual)?

best regards
Knut

Hi,

I can't switch it to PC or Apple mode because it is frozen. The display is blank and when I press / turn the knob nothing happens and the display stays blank.

You have disconnected the unit from the host computer, turned the power of and started new? If a double click not switches to AP or PC mode it seems to be broken. Please contact the support.

best regards
Kmnut

Yep, tried it with nothing plugged in and it still freezes. Double clicking does nothing. I will take it back to the shop. This is annoying.....

Hey Audioone,
Any resolve on this?
I'm had the same issue and now my Fireface ain't turning ON.

Cheers
J