Topic: Help please-- First RME experience -- Installing Multiface 1 on Vista

Can someone help please.. This is my very first RME product and I'm totally stuck.

I'm trying to install a multiface 1 with the Cardbus adaptor on Vista for the 1st time but Vista won't recognize the drivers for the device.

I have installed the cardbus adaptor (labled nuendo) into my laptop and attached it to the Multiface. I then start my laptop and Vista finds a new "Multimedia Audio Controller" and asks for an install disk.

If I insert the RME driver CD 10/2004 that came with the hardware I purchased, Vista says that "Windows could not find driver software for your device" and tells me to contact the hardware supplier. Ok I do realise these would be very old drivers but it can't recognise them anyway.

If I then go and try and find the Multiface in the device manager I can't find it but I do see a new "Multimedia Audio Controller".

If I open that device I can see that it has no installed drivers. If I then ask to re-install drivers for that device and I browse to the w2k directory on the RME driver CD it searches but can't find any suitable drivers.  If instead I go a directory I have made with the latest  WDM streaming drivers v3.27 taken from the RME website and search there that doesn't work either -- Vista still says it can't find suitable drivers.

I don't know what flash version my secondhand hardware may be running.

Can someone help please-- I'm absolutely totally out of ideas.

Re: Help please-- First RME experience -- Installing Multiface 1 on Vista

Oh.. it seems to have worked this time... :-) Not actually seeing a mixer or anything but the Multiface is not in an error state and the  DSP icon in the tray pops up a controller panel.

My hardware is at v17 but when I try to flash it to v18 the flash fails. I have tried a couple of times.. anything I can do about that?