1 (edited by NoKi 2012-06-03 16:07:28)

Topic: Stop recording from paused state: temp file not closed

Hello,

I have a problem with Global Record in DC 5.43: When stopping a recording after pressing "Pause" the temporary file with the recorded data is not closed (it shows 0 Bytes in Explorer). The problem is that DC cannot access the file anymore for saving, deleting etc. Only exiting DC ist possible. During shutdown of DC, the temp file ist closed and can be accessed by other processes.
It is easy to reproduce: start a recording, press pause, press stop and then try to save the file.
Looks like a bug for me...

Nils

Re: Stop recording from paused state: temp file not closed

Please check this new version, the bug should be fixed:

Update:
https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dc_win_550b4.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Super, vielen Dank!

Nils

Hi!

MC wrote:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dc_550b2_win.zip

The link is broken. Is the mentioned fix already in the official release?

So, I checked with the latest version of DC and the above mentioned problem occurs, still. Also after quitting DC via Taskmanager the temporary file is a little bit problematic for DC hisself. Means when loading it and saving it to normal files the writing dialog just disappears. The files are a little bit confusing for VLC Player for example - playable, but the length information seems to be not correct...
But the whole thing is really annoying. An honest answer would be helpful. Will there be any correction? Will be DC further developed so the whole recording function gets a little bit more robust? I love the software and this function but sometimes I thought using Cubase would maybe be the easier/safer way (in mobile recording case..).

With best regards.

The current version is beta 4 and the bug had been fixed. Link updated in first post.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for your response!

One short question: Beta because it didn't got through the whole quality check process but should just run smoothly as the "normal" version? Just asking if I can use this version on all my productive systems...

You can. Release version (tomorrow) is the same just with installer.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME