Topic: s/mux request

Hi, I think it would be great if the Fireface UCX were able to operate at 96k while the ADAT outs could still run at 48k, so that half of them wouldn't just disappear when using the higher sample rate. Did I miss something or is this currently not possible?

Re: s/mux request

The ADAT protocol is limited to 48 kHz. With S/MUX(4) it's possible to transmit 96 or even 192 kHz via an ADAT cable, but this is only possible with half or a quarter of the available channels.

best regards
Knut

Hi Knut, thanks for your reply. I understand that, but would like to have 8 hardware outs at 96k + 8 adat outs at 48k, at the same time.

The unit can only operate at one sample rate for all I/Os. You would need sample rate converters for the ADAT outs to do what you want to do. But even then the additional channels would be gone as they are no longer there in our hardware (which runs in 96 kHz).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

OK thanks both for your input. Just one more question - if there are multiple RME USB soundcards being used on the same machine, can each soundcard run at a different sample rate? Or do they just add channels to the Totalmix application?

The software that you use does not support more than one sample rate at a time...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

What if I use 2 different programs at the same time?

Then it would work as long as you don't use ASIO.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME