Topic: UCX live with SonarX

Hello folks, new member here! I am very close to pulling the trigger on the UCX and have a few questions. I use SonarX for my software and have some great plugins set up there. I also do live sound regularly in a club that has a Yamaha LS9-32 board which in my opinion has pretty bad on board FX. I want to be able to use my plugins live and was wondering if this is something I can do easily using Sonar, my laptop and my existing plugins as well as those built in the UCX with totalmix? I would like not to buy any additional gear if I can get away with it. Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Re: UCX live with SonarX

Hi heyrag,
sure, that works - given Sonar and your laptop are behaving as they should ;-). Totalmix controls the available effects inside the UCX (low latency processing that does not require any CPU load), while SonarX uses it as its I/O device for the plugins at the same time...  sort of a two layer operation. For further help or advice please specify more details of what exactly you are doing.
-Max

Re: UCX live with SonarX

Curious as to how it would connect to live mixer? Would it connect (in my case) to several channels in Sonar each with a certain plugin or combo loaded and each using a different I/O from the UCX? I would guess I would have a limit on the UCX of 8 possible plugins or combos at once?...of course more than enough. Then there's ADAT and SPDIF. I would be trying to use it like Waverack but without being tied exclusively to Wave plugins. I do have several Wave plugins I love but have others like Izotope Ozone which are also fantastic. Latency issues?