Topic: Fireface UC & totalmix - temporary graphics issue

Hi, there does not appear to be a away to remove or hide the unusable EQ section from the latest totalmix, this takes up a lot of space on the screen and is only used for the DSP cards.

I cant be the only one who feels that they don't need to be reminded constantly that they own the inferior model sad

Please add an option to hide / remove this.

Thanks

Re: Fireface UC & totalmix - temporary graphics issue

Screenshot, please, and check you are using the latest driver.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

sounds like a standard response to me, disappointing, have you read and understood my request? .You must be aware of this issue as everyone I know who has the new totalmix update has the EQ option slap bang in the middle at the bottom, surely I dont need to send you a screenshot of totalmix !!

I am on the latest driver and version of totalmix by the way.

I do not see any EQ in TM FX 0.971 nor 0.981 with the UC. So please provide more useful info.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Latest driver is (Windows PnP driver for Fireface UFX, UCX,UC and Babyface, version 1.022.), 0.981 is the archive driver.

Driver 1.022 comes with TotaMix FX (TM FX) version 0.971. The current beta available here in the forum is TM FX 0.981. None of these show EQs on my system with a UC.

You might try a Total Reset from the Options menu...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

8 (edited by stoolzo 2012-06-13 21:36:23)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/83810329/totalm … h%20eq.jpg

after full reset...

Does it go away when you click on the Settings symbol in the channel? Can you make it reappear?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

there is no settings symbol in the channel, the channel does not highlight either suggesting it is in focus, the knobs and things move but there is no hide / show option i can see.

hold on, i just minimised the channel next to it and it disapeared, no option to get it back but I dont want it anyway, if you look at my screen shot there is no left facing arrow to minimise, very strange. Perhaps it only pops up when you istall the latest drivers and you have your hardware imports arranged in a certain way. Strange.

There is a settings symbol. It seems your confusion is that you thought that this is an extra channel (and I have no clue why you had that idea), but it is just the settings panel of channel AN 5/6 showing the EQ panel bitmap instead of the settings panel one. One simple click on the settings tab to redraw the graphics and problem solved forever.

Doing what I suggested in post number two would have ended this thread after 4 posts. Now we are at 12...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

There is no symbol, please can you highlight it on my picture and repost it with a red ring around it using paint shop or something., Thanks

http://666kb.com/i/c4nnmrly54d2rtae2.jpg

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I cant see anything, have you posted an image?

http://666kb.com/i/c4nnmrly54d2rtae2.jpg

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

wow, you just done the exact opposite of what was required, you have ringed every tool icon except the one supposedly on the EQ channel, which is the one we are looking for, impressive.

So can we gather from this that you now accept that there is no tool icon for the EQ section?

You wrote:

to remove or hide the unusable EQ section from the latest totalmix, this takes up a lot of space on the screen

The screenshot above shows, that there is no EQ section - only a tool icon for the settings panel. You see an open EQ in your TotalMix version?

best regards
Knut

stoolzo wrote:

wow, you just done the exact opposite of what was required, you have ringed every tool icon except the one supposedly on the EQ channel, which is the one we are looking for, impressive.

You seem to fail to understand completely... We were referring to the "settings symbol", which is what I showed you... Nobody ever said there was supposed to be an EQ symbol.

So can we gather from this that you now accept that there is no tool icon for the EQ section?

HeadScratch HeadScratch HeadScratch :roll :roll
What is there to "accept"? Of course there is no EQ button, because there is no EQ for the UC. For some reason, upon first installation, the mixer seems to come up with the EQ view on some channels once. Pressing the settings button on the affected channel makes it go away, and it never returns. Problem gone forever.

I will now close (and subsequently remove) this thread.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME