Topic: Babyface GSIF 2 Support

Hello,

Just bought the RME babyface. It's great. I was wondering if it currently supports GSIF 2. (I haven't had a chance to install Gigastudio4 on my new laptop and test it.) I couldn't find any documentation online. Is GSIF 2 supported, and if not are there plans to include GSIF2 drivers soon?

I used the RME HDSP PCI cards with Gigastudio for years, and would hate to see this option disappear just because I now work on a laptop...Although many ASIO based samplers are more advanced than Gigastudio and can import Gigastudio files (Konkakt, Motu, etc) none can translate the samples well enough to render Gigastudio useless....

Best,
ds

Re: Babyface GSIF 2 Support

GSIF support has been stopped long ago, and is no longer found in products that came out after GSIF died.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by ds07 2012-06-15 02:01:14)

That's too bad. Perhaps RME could rethink this policy--

There is definitely a group of people out there who have invested alot in and are interested in using their Gigastudio libraries. New soft-synth companies make a big deal about being able to read Gigastudio samples. The trouble is, none of them work nearly as well as Gigastudio. (For example, I own Machfive 3 and have used a demo of Kontakt). There are plenty of posts on message boards of people trying to keep some Gigastudio setup.

The audio interface is a primary issue. In fact, many people turned to RME cards in the first place because they were one of the only companies offering PCI cards with GSIF 2 drivers. Now that laptops are far more powerful, the same people who experienced the quality of the RME card in their desktop setup are now looking for ways top run a similar setup on laptops. Seeing that RME already has GSIF2 drivers for older cards, it's a shame that drivers will not be available for the Babyface....

Anyhow, I'm sure many people hope RME will reconsider this.

DS

Definitely not. We all have moved on since then (2008).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME