Topic: UCX, Basic Remote Control and Group Faders

Hello,

i has purchased a Fireface UCX one week ago and i´m very happy with the sound quality.
I had searched on the forum and dont found a solution to my trouble. When i make one Group Fader i cant control it via the Basic Remote Control encoder.
What i´m doing is:

- Creation of the Fader Group, via Edit button on Groups main menu of the Total Mix FX.
- Configution of the Prog Button of the BRC for select the Fader Group 1, this in done throught Option -> Key Command Settings (mac version)

When i puss the Prog Button on de BRC the Fader Group is seleccted into Total Mix FX (version 0.983), this is ok, but when i rotate the encoder the fader group don´t move, but yes the Main Fader. What i´m missing?

Best regards,
Diego

Re: UCX, Basic Remote Control and Group Faders

Nobody???

Hi,
The Fader Group preference is Toggle/Enable/Disable/Push not Encoder.
The Key command is for turning the Fader Group on and off only.

You can only control the Fader Group volume when one  of the Faders int he group is the Main Volume.
You can set your Prog Key to Fader Group 1 and Toggle.
You just hit the Prog Key whenever you want adjust the Fader Group instead of just the Main Volume.
Not sure how useful that will be for you though.
Are you doing Surround mixing? This is the only place I could see this being useful.

Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

Hi Chris,

thank you for the answer. What i want to do is ajust the EQ of my master output, but with different EQ for the left and right channels. This only can be done if i configure the out channels (i.e. AN1 and AN2) as mono in the Hardware Output section of TotalMix FX. Now, if assing this channels for the main out then I lose the individual configured EQ. So this is the reason because i triying to find a method to control the Faders in the Hardware Outputs instead of doing that into the Control Room section.

I just try what you said but it doesn´t work. Every time i move the encoder of the Basic Remote Control the main fader moves, but never the faders of the configured group. Can be a defect of the unit or a bug of TotalMix? Or maybe this is the normal function of the system.

Thanks,
Diego.

RME support!! where are you???!!!!!

sangoo wrote:

Every time i move the encoder of the Basic Remote Control the main fader moves, but never the faders of the configured group.

Then you did not add the Main pair to the group. The Main and both mono output faders must be added to the same fader group, and the fader will be the same color as the group (1, 2, 3 or 4) used.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Ok. Thanks. I didn´t understood the Chris answer (sorry Chris). Now works, not exactly like i would like but is nice.
Thanks!