Topic: Does the RME express card fit in this laptop?

Hi,
i'm goin to buy an HP Elitebook 8560w laptop.
its express card slot is located under some usb port in the angled lateral side of the laptop case.
do you think that a RME express card will fit in this laptop?

some picture here

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/html/interact … 0w&n=1

and the laptop specs

http://h71016.www7.hp.com/html/interact … 0w&n=1

thanks a lot in advance for the advice

Re: Does the RME express card fit in this laptop?

Hi,
According to HP's web site it does have an express 34/54 slot so yes it will fit.
It will block the USB port above it possibly. Kind of a silly place to put a USB port.
I have know idea how well that laptop works for audio. Try searching the forum or online line to see if anyone else it using it successfully.
Thanks Chris

Chris Ludwig
North East USA Sales | Synthax/RME
www.facebook.com/RMEAmericas
Twitter @RMEAmericas

thanks chris,
yes i did my choice very carefully. the elitebook by hp seems one of the best pc laptop around for pro audio. i am only worried about the position of the express card slot. mostly because it is on a not flat side of the case. so i hope that the external side of the hdsp ( the part where the connection socket to the multiface is ) does not "collide" with the laptop case and the express card can be fully inserted in the slot.
thanks
a.

8560w: You will have to deinstall / deactivate the Vpro features / drivers. Otherwise you will experience drop-outs. At least this was my experience with an 8560p.

thanks Ulrich. i guess i'll do a clean install as soon the machine will arrive at my place.
how about your experience with Elitebook? ( are you on express card to?)
thanks

I tried 8560p in conjunction with madiface. After having located the problems in the vpro configuration and having removed everything which belonged to vpro the performance was really good. However, I didn't like the fan at all and returned it... May I ask you to report your experiences with the 8560w?

thanks ulrich,
was the fan to noisy? what did you buy in substitution?
i'll do reports for sure as soon as the machine arrives.
the 8560w is a quad core so i suspect the fan can be even more noisy.
btw the case is bigger than the 8560p so more air flow and maybe less heat ....we'll see...
thanks