Topic: Multiface2 PCMCIA Background Computer noise

is there any way to get rid of computer noise from my rme?

I have the multiface/cardbus combo. Tried it in all my laptops ect and the noise seems to be permenant.

The bundle is almost new, very few hours on it because its way too noisy to use but before i give up on it I will ask here.

You all know the pc noise im talking about, moving mouse ectectectect....... never goes away no matter the situation and its the only soundcard i have owned in many many years to do it. all my other sound cards are fine in the exact same situation and i have a few.

So just incase theres a solution i will ask before giving up, i have read every post on the subject and never got a solution that works. Im guessing its a flaw with the system (pcmcia bus) as its done it since new. If it is.. fair enough i will move on to another manufacturer but i love the RME AD conversion from my valve amp.

The solution ive been given from a freind is to mod it. But i feel rme will be able to help since it would be a pointless product with way more complaints than ive seen if it were a flaw in the product.

recap.. great card at volume (loud enough to cover pc noise) no signal going through it is useless.

Please avoid reposting other threads answers on here as none effect it in anyway.

Cheers..

Re: Multiface2 PCMCIA Background Computer noise

This noise will vanish when you disconnect the power supply from the laptop, means running the laptop on battery?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Multiface2 PCMCIA Background Computer noise

Doesnt help, but im using it stand alone okay with spdif so i can get use of the dacs which i love. The noise goes away when the cardbus card powers down hense why i think its the pcmcia bus. If i need more than 2 channels i can try adat too. Its the low latency i really want access too which means fixing this. It seems common but not across the board, might be the individual computers components?

What i was gonna try next is to try and isolate laptop power supply with ups or something as its obviously not the multiface. works perfect and noiselessly stand alone.

Another option is to get the pci card for my pc, evan better, but the above test is free. The pci card is a £150 experiment.

Hooking to the oscilloscope to find and mod the noisy rail would be an option too.

I will report back with anything i find.

Cheers...