Topic: Hammerfall Digi9652 in modern PC

I like to move my old Hammerfall Digi9652 (44/48kHz version) + ADI8PRO to a new PC with XP3 with modern motherboard, fast proc, big RAM, etc.
Can new PC give me less latency?

Re: Hammerfall Digi9652 in modern PC

A better computer will provide more power for VST etc, but the card does not change. You can use these old discontinued cards in a 32-bit OS only.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by tobto 2012-10-07 15:36:43)

Thank you very much, Jeff!

One more question HeadScratch

I'd like to connect my iMac and PC to sync audio and to maximize productivity. On PC-side I've got Hammerfall9652 with W/Clock & 3xADAT In/Out. My idea to buy Firewire/USB interface for iMac and connect it to PC with lightpipes? Or Wordclock connection is the must to sync transport control in software ?

Neither of the two will "sync transport control". Word Clock only syncs sample rates.
You might need something like Steinberg's VST System Link.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

6 (edited by tobto 2012-10-08 11:54:57)

ich danke ihnen tausendmal!
so, with lightpipe connection like this
(PC+Hammerfall9652) <-- ADAT Lightpipe --> (iMAC+Firewire/USBInterface)
I will be able to send only audio tracks?

You could use a separate MIDI connection for the transport control commands if the sending and receiving software understands Midi Machine Control.

James.

I mean: will MAC DAW understand PC DAW, for example, MMC (MIDI Machine Control) 'Play' command over ADAT protocol? Wikipedia says ADAT protocol carries MIDI data transport info, but in reality?