1 (edited by Indigo ver2 2012-07-16 18:51:25)

Topic: HDSP9632 + AO4S, Windows sound enhancements tab missing?

Greetings,

I would like to ask some advice for some troubling inconsistency.  A friend of mine has a fireface UC and in his system there is a sound enhancements tab in windows speaker properties. In my system with HDSP9632 + AO4S, that feature is completely missing (windows 7). I would like to know what might be wrong?

The reason why I need it, is the room correction feature. Unfortunately it is not possible for me to place my surround speakers in optimal positions and therefore I'd need to add some small delay into right rear channel to compensate that. It is my understanding that the room correction module (which is missing in my system??) would have enabled me to do exactly that!

Could it not be possible to integrate a small delay feature (few msec) into totalmix?
This would be the optimal solution for setting up 5.1 system. I would imagine there are many others out there who are not able to place their surround speaker optimally.

Thank you for reading & Cheers

2 (edited by Indigo ver2 2012-07-23 12:15:04)

Re: HDSP9632 + AO4S, Windows sound enhancements tab missing?

Ok, it seem I'm not getting any responses for my query.

Anyway, meanwhile I have been doing some research concerning the issue why sound enhancements (and room correction) may be missing in some systems. It seems that the audio driver has to request these features to be available, so this is not solely Windows 7 problem.

This is a quote from another forum:

Windows has a set of default APOs (Audio Processing Objects) that are built into Windows. The APOs must be loaded by the driver so if you use a non-Microsoft driver it will be hit and miss if the driver vendor has included the Microsoft APOs in the install. If you use the Microsoft driver (there is a built in driver for HD Audio and USB) then you will be able to use APOs and they will be listed under the enhancements tap of the endpoint properties.

I would like to kindly ask if RME developer team could include the necessary features to the HDSP9632 driver so that the room correction is available for ALL systems with surround capability? If they are available for the fireface range, why no include them for HDSP9632? Having your speakers time corrected can give you a tremendous improvement in sound stage coherency!

Thank you for reading, again.