Topic: unable to pan left or right

hi,  when i pan left the sound is still mono, when i pan right the sound dissapears.  i see the levels in cubase and they match the panning, so it must be my total mix settings

im total mix i have hard ward inoit panned leftmfor AN1 and right for AN2.  i have tried many variations ans camt seem to get it.  any help would be much appreciated

regard

wesley

Re: unable to pan left or right

Reset the mixer and check the levels in the software playback section of Totalmix.

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by wpereira 2012-07-22 00:07:27)

thanks for the quick response.  im still haveing no luck, ive resest total mix a few times.  ive tried various pan settings in software playback of total mix as well.  i can get the sound out of eathier left or right pan with no sund in the middle, or i can get sound in the middle and right, with no sound in the left (and vise versa).

i have mono in on cubase and total mix.  1 mic in input 1,  ive tried the other inputs as well and i get the same results.

this is only happening through the headphone, the speakers are outputting the pan correctly. 

even the software playback and hardware out puts on rme show right signal only but i hear out of both. the hardware inputs are turned down .

i am using asio fireface usb audio device

please let me know what i can try next

regards
wesley

still not able to pan, know how to use cubase 6 no problem, configure the bus, set driver, midi, etc

cant pan left or right though