1 (edited by ramchandra 2012-07-26 05:20:31)

Topic: UFX prints tracks early.

So I'm having problems with the UFX printing tracks early in both pro tools 10.2 and Cubase 5. This happens in OSX and Win7. Depending on my setup
the audio comes in either a subsample early or 18 milliseconds early. When delay compensation is off (in both pro tools and cubase) and direct monitoring or low latency monitoring (in pro tools) is off the audio comes in a subsample early. When delay compensation is on it comes in about 18 milliseconds early. This happens going out from an audio track into an audio track or going out of an audio track into an aux that is feeding an audio track to record. It also happens with hardware inserts. When I try to ping the hardware in cubase it comes back as zero. When I try to fix the HW delay compensation in Pro Tools I can't because it is a negative delay.

All drivers are up to date. OSX is 10.6.8. Win7 version I cant remember right now. Mac Book Pro 8,2 8 gigs of ram. PC i7 sandy bridge 8 gigs of ram.

I know subsamples are that big of a deal but I definitely hear it especially on anything I want to parallel process.

Is this just something the UFX does? Do all converters do this? the delay is so small I cant figure out how to compensate for it in protools. And how it comes in early is that normal?

Am I doing something wrong?

I hope I am making this clear. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks