Topic: buffer size error in pro tools 10 with RME UCX

I have a RME UCX and running PT10 on windows 7 64bit. The buffer is at 128 and works fine. Now, if I change it in the RME window (I want to use 2048 for mixing), it restarts pro tools which is fine but then upon reopening and checking setup->playback engine in pro tools, I get the following message:

"Your audio device is configured with an unsupported audio buffer size. Please select one of the following supported buffer sizes in the device control panel : 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024 or 2048"

and then in the playback engine window, the buffer size is greyed out and sessions in pro tools don't playback.

I tried updating PT10 to 10.2 and updated the RME interface to the latest firmware and software drivers, but I still get the same behaviour.

Re: buffer size error in pro tools 10 with RME UCX

That seems to be a strange (and known) bug or intentional limitation in PT. No other software does that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

okay. what you recommend using the asio4all drivers which I have read can fix the problem or does that stuff with the RME drivers?

i have a RME UCX too on windows 7 64bit, and also i want to mix on 2048 because of the very heavy projects. But all i can select in the Fireface settings is 1024 max. Can that possibly mean that they havent  got the 2048 option available for UCX. This may be the simmilar case with you anth.