Topic: Babyface without L&R balance. Left channel quieter 50% and noisy

My RME Babyface left output is about 50% quieter than right channel, LED lights are showing that the signal on Left channel is similar like on Right channel but it is not (output is selected). Also I can hear some quiet static noises just on the Left channel, especially when the computer is processing. The noise is like a 56K modem but much quieter. When I select the phones, and I listen to the project, everything is fine. Please help.

Re: Babyface without L&R balance. Left channel quieter 50% and noisy

Please contact your dealer for repair/exchange.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC, are you sure it's not ground loop noise? I'm sorry for piping in on every thread with my 'ground loop' ideas, but they were my biggest problem, and now that it's sorted, I'm golden. smile

Geronimo: Are both your monitors connected to different power sockets? Are you using the same cable type/model to both monitors? What happens when you swap power cables or/and audio cables to the monitor? I had similar problems, turns out that unbalanced XLR cables were the problem.

Well, expecting that the user was unable to swap the cables at the BF outs for checking if the error follows would be quite an insult, so...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME