Topic: independent delay for each i/o in totalmix FX?

hi, wondering if there might be any plans for the ability to add a simple delay to each channel in totalmix fx, as opposed to using a bus and a global echo setting?

i ask because with that capability the UFX/UCX become very attractive as a live signal processing box for a PA, for those who don't want yet another box to lug around. it's almost there, yet with a delay it would allow at least a simple tool for distance/phase coherence in loudspeaker management.

just a thought!!

soundcloud.com/wndfrm

2 (edited by all 2012-08-31 11:35:23)

Re: independent delay for each i/o in totalmix FX?

yes indeed, to be able to correct "far" and "face" length on theatre/dance stage would be great. scaled in meter would be awesome....:o

cloudburst wrote:

just a thought!!

A nice thought indeed, however RME has already confirmed that it's not possible. Bummer.

Mats Helgesson
http://www.livingsound.se

i don't believe 'not possible'  smile would you mind pointing me to this information?

given that statement however, it sounds like it's a hardware limitation, which is a pity.

perhaps i could convince meyersound to make their galileo units pull double duty as an audio interface wink hehe.

cheers.

soundcloud.com/wndfrm

reviving this thread.... using TotalMix FX, is there any way to add a "delay" to any output?  ie: delay in milliseconds, etc..  To deal with lip sync issues, speaker distance issues, etc..