Topic: FF8OO maximum capability?

Hi everybody,

Yesterday I tried to record a live session with the Fireface 800 : the goal was to make 8 channels running at 24/88 . After several trials, I realized I could never set up more than 7 channels at 24/88 simultaneously.

Switching back to 24/44 allowed the 8 channels configuration with no problem

I cannot imagine 8 channels 24/88 exceed the capabilities of the FF800, so my question is : what did I do wrong? . The computer is fitted with an I5 CPU and 8Gb of RAM, thru a Firewire800 card.External HDD connected thru usb2.

Your help and suggestions will be much appreciated

Re: FF8OO maximum capability?

There is no such limitation as far as the FF800 is concerned. But you did not mention what exactly the problem turned out to be. "Could never" or "did not work" is too unspecific.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks for your answer, I'll try to give more details hereafter :

Setting up a VIP in Samplitude
8 channels mono

In Sam, setting the VIP to 24 bits 88kHz then arming each track for recording

Attributing a specific input for each instrument for each track : from then on, impossible to maintain the 8 channels armed for recording at 24/88 together. There is always one led switching off, leaving a maximum of 7 tracks ready for recording.

I then opened a new VIP with the same settings, except for the recording mode which was now set to  24/44.  From then on, all 8 tracks remained armed for recording and no more problems were encountered.

Final recording is perfect, showing no default, except it is in 24/44.

Thanks for your comments.

This is an issue of the Samplitude configuration. Make sure to have all available channels activated in the system preferences (Y). Else, please contact Magix support.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks Daniel,

I'll check their forum as well

Michel