Topic: Babyface questions

Hi Guys!

I am new to RME and got a Babyface two days ago. Just have some questions to the total mix software. What is the difference between AN 1/2, AS 1/2 and PH 3/4? I know this are inputs, but there is no effect if i change them, while i record a vinyl record.

Another question, which ways do i have to upgrade the babyface with more in and outputs?

thanks for your help.

Cosmic

Re: Babyface questions

PH 3/4 is an output. The manual explains the various outputs and inputs...
What exactly is it that you "change", and what kind of effect would you expect?

The BF can be expanded with external mic preamps or converters, e.g. Octamic, Micstasy, ADI-8 DS/QS, or ADI-2.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Danke für die schnelle Antwort. Habe in der Beschreibung schon nachgeschaut aber bin nicht schlauer geworden. Was sind denn dann die Unterschiede zwischen AS und AN?

AN ist Analog, AS ist ADAT/SPDIF (optisch).

mfg
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

As a recommendation, it would be a lot easier for beginners if the "AN 1/2, AS 1/2 and PH 3/4" had proper names instead of obscure acronyms. For example "headphone out 1" and "input 1" etc etc

These acronyms/abbreviations are by no means obsure, they are explained in the manual and take 30 seconds to memorize... "Input 1" is far more obsure as it leaves out the important bit of information whether the input is analog or digital.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Not to mention that there is no space for a string like 'headphone out 1' in the TotalMix channel.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME