Topic: FireFace 800 mixer freezes computer when opened

I just bought a new HP 2600 quad core desk top cpu. I went to load my FireFace 800 drivers and everytime I open the "mixer" to adjust volume the whole computer freezes. Then I have to do a hard restart. I tried all 3 different drivers that are available and it still freezes the whole computer. Need help!! Thanks in advance..........

Re: FireFace 800 mixer freezes computer when opened

FYI Running windows 7, tried everything but can not use RME mixer with out computer freezing up. Do not know what else to try.

really disappointed with rme! every time windows comes out with a new operating system, rme drivers never work correctly and sets me back weeks and sometimes months before they get it together and i can use my sound card again. starting to lose faith in the brand and makes me wonder why i didnt buy the pro tools set up.

Rather than issuing blanket statements like "never work correctly" (which is not the case), it would help us help you better if you were to provide full details of your system. There are no known issues of general nature, the FF driver and mixer (with the FF800) work just fine. Also, if you are using Win7, then your comment about "every time windows (or for that matter, MS) comes out with a new operating system" seems a little out of place. The FF and mixer also work well with Win 8.

Which "three drivers" exactly are you referring to? And what does "tried everything" refer to?

How is the FF connected to the PC? If by any chance you are using a PCIe FW card, have you made sure to disable PCIe power saving in BIOS and Windows? If the FW is onboard, please provide details. Or do try a PCI/e card. Also try changing the Firewire driver to "Legacy" via Device Manager

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Daniel,

I'm not trying to argue with you and I do appreciate any help you can give me. In my experience dating back to the days when I had the Hammerfall DSP interface I have always had issues with RME drivers. When windows went to Vista my Hammerfall would not work and I had to go back to XP, it was a nightmare reprogramming my cpu. Anyways.........

I did have to buy a PCI FW card since the new computer did not have FW onboard. I did switch to "Legacy". I tried the 3 versions of drivers on your web site. I did look in BIOS and did not see "PCI/e" power savings, however there were power saving for the whole computer but not just the PCI/e card. I do not know how to disable power savings in windows. I bring up the mixer and I can use it for about 5 sec then the whole computer freezes. I dont know if its something to do with the graphics or flash update. I've tried everything in my own power to make it work, thats what I meant. Thanks again in advance!

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind … -questions

Set the system power plan to "High Performance".

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks Jeff but that did not help. I restored the computer to the day I bought it (2 days ago) and reloaded the new drivers. And it still freezes up when opening the Mixer. I'm thinking I just need to go buy another brand of computer and maybe I will not have these issues.

Fixed...............................bought A New Acer Computer And It Works Perfect. Took Back The Hp. Must Be An Issue With That Computer Only. Thanks For Help Anyways Guys!