1 (edited by jeannot 2012-09-08 06:32:48)

Topic: Babyface on OSX 10.7.4 MIDI Problems

Hi, I'm running 10.7.4 on a Macbook Air. I have a Babyface running firmware: v185 and driver: v1.76.

After I updated the driver to 1.75 MIDI IN stopped working, by this I mean in Audio MIDI Setup in Utilities for OSX, it sees no MIDI in, but MIDI Out does work though. I then installed 1.76 to no avail. I tried this in Ableton Live 8.3.3 and no Midi In either, but MIDI Out still fine. Has anyone else had this issue? Maybe I just have a bad MIDI IN jack on my breakout cable? Seems doubtful since it happened immediately after update. Screenshot of Babyface settings:

http://i45.tinypic.com/e5snip.png

Re: Babyface on OSX 10.7.4 MIDI Problems

I guess I should add, I tested my MIDI controller and cable with a different MIDI in module, and everything worked fine. Am I leaving out something here? I wish I could say I don't have problems with the Babyface, but this is my second issue.

You know what would have been great? If someone here could have pointed me to the tips and tricks for firmware and driver erase. That way I wouldn't have had to call GC Pro Service, then wait for a tech to call, then hear that I have to call RME tech service in Florida, and then finally have him tell me some very helpful information. Or better yet, if my question didn't have enough information, ask me to include more detail, that would have been cool.

Hi

Did you fix your problem. My babyface has developed the same issue. I've been sat down here in the studio for hours trying to fix this! what did the service tech in Florida say to you?