Topic: UFX Upgrade to Win 7 64 - Settings and Total MIx problems

Howdy -

I have UFX running nicely on my MBP, and on my Win XP32 tower, but have added more RAM and 2T harddrive for more
plug in processing and now want to use the UFX on Win 7 64 (premium home edition).

I have followed the steps to install the latest drivers and firmware, but the Settings window and TotalMix will not
launch. I have also tried checking for the latest firmware, and - with USB plugged in - whenever I try to run fut_usb.exe
nothing happens.

Under Devices it says the UFX driver is loaded fine. But without TotalMix I cannot route audio to the appropriate places,
and without Settings I cannot select the proper sample rates. Nor will the UFX lock to my external clock anymore...

Also - every time I reboot the Win 7 tries to run the System32/fireface.exe Neither cancelling out nor hitting "OK" does anything.

Thanks for any help,

Ted

Re: UFX Upgrade to Win 7 64 - Settings and Total MIx problems

Also - why does it say "ADAT User" under my name in these forums?

tedma wrote:

This is just an internal ranking, it will change depending of your post count...

Regards
Zapp

If you keep posting, you will be promoted.

best regards
Knut

Yeah I figured that out.

Shouldn't have asked if it is distracting readers from the real issue here, which is I can't get my UFX running under Win7.

The drivers seem to be installed, but the Flash program will not run, and the Settings window and TotalMix were present once
or twice through this process, but now are nowhere to be found. Running the install for them does nothing.

Ted

There is no install for settings and mixer. Are you sure the icons aren't just hidden in the task bar? Check the task manager to see whether the processes are running... They seem to be, see the bootup prompt. Try logging on with an admin account and untick the box to ask every time.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks Daniel

No, the icons are not hidden in the taskbar, they are both now visible, but settings will not open, and totalmix is defaulting to 32 bit (audio) even
when the clock source is Word and the UFX hardware shows it to be in sync with the external word clock (Burl B2 in this case).

Plus, every time I reboot, Win wants to run C:/system32:/fireface.exe and /totalmix.exe If I run it, or cancel it there is no difference.

Thanks

Ted

What does "defaulting to 32 bit" refer to? And have you tried rebooting with an admin account and disable the "ask every time" option?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hello
did this problem get solved?
I too have the same problem.I have loaded windows seven on a new hard drive (having previously used UFX on Win XP3) and I get the same message on start up, do I want to run 32 bit rme after installing 64 bit win7.
seems like this thread just petered out
regards
James

This thread did peter out - sorry.

It is now resurrected since I am having issues again.

It seemed that the X32 install query went away on its own, as did the the Sample Rate always changing to 32K in the Total mix window,
(no matter the clock source) but now the same problem is happening again along with the Settings window being non-responsive in the TaskBar.
It is visible but will not launch when I click on it.

This has been working fine until today, when I installed the latest version of Harrison MixBus and tried to launch a project at 96K.
Everything stopped working properly at that point.

I have uninstalled MixBus, and have tried to reinstall the UFX drivers, but they are already current.

I have no idea how to solve this. Please help.

ted

Should also say that Harrison is working on why there was an issue in the first place (I am running MixBus fine on XP32 and
Mac OS 10.7)

I understand that trying to run MixBus this way (perhaps opening a project created under XP32 - though StudioOne2 has no problems
doing this) is what caused the screw up. I just need to know how to move forward, esp when the drivers etc are already up to date...

OK latest problem solved.

I updated the latest USB driver, then updated the firmware with the fut_usb_exe.

Then powered down and relaunched and all is fine again with both USB and FW.

I had forgotten that on Win the firmware could only be done via USB which I never use.

Ted