Topic: Raydat and HDSP9652 in same PC

Hi,
I purchased a Raydat card to replace my HDSP9652 but I now have the need
for 48 channels. when I install the cards together i had the Raydat as the master
and the HDSP9652 as the slave using internal sync. But the 9652 is assigned card 1
with the Raydat card 2. The question I have is first can these two cards be used together
and if so do i need to make the 9652 the master? The computer is running Window 7 Pro.

thanks,

sam kern

Re: Raydat and HDSP9652 in same PC

Sequence and master/slave status are independent. And yes, an ASIO application will see both cards' I/O channels.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Daniel, am I correct that in case the PCI & PCIe interfaces show different latency values, he needs to put a delay with a fixed difference value (depending on buffer sizes used) in the outputs of the card with the lower latency, to avoid a shift in his signals?

Leon Herbers
www.dawplus.com

No you are not correct. Pci vs PCIe has no effect on latency at all.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Thank You Daniel,
Is it possible to set the Raydat as card 1 also? Wnen I install
the 9652 in the computer it gets assigned as card 1

sam kern

samkern wrote:

Thank You Daniel,
Is it possible to set the Raydat as card 1 also? Wnen I install
the 9652 in the computer it gets assigned as card 1

sam kern

No (AFAIK), this is done by the motherboard or OS. People have tried to change it, but I never heard of a successful one.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

OK,
Thank You Vincent

sam

vinark wrote:

No you are not correct. Pci vs PCIe has no effect on latency at all.

Where is that information based on? Between a HDSP MADI and a HDSPe MADI we calculate a ±1% roundtrip latency deviation on a C602 chipset, using optical MADI. I haven't tested yet with the 2 cards clocked together. This test was with the cards individually measured. The reported latency is the same, but it is the same driver.

Leon Herbers
www.dawplus.com

There is no +-% - the roundtrip latency is absolutely fixed. If your test results vary then they are not correct.

While there might be cases where PCIe operates a bit better than PCI, the basic latency that can be achieved on an optimal system is absolutely identical between PCI and PCIe. This is what the quote refers to. The HDSP and HDSPe card might have different buffer sizes internally for the PCI and PCIe access, but these (if at all) are a few samples. TM and driver are identical, so will be the round trip latency.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias,
thanks for your feedback. I actually made a wrong calculation, the difference is 1 sample. Sorry to cause a stir.

Leon Herbers
www.dawplus.com