Topic: ADAT from Multiface to Babyface - no signal

Hi... I'm not a noob, as I've had my multiface for 7-8 years now, but I'm clearly doing something wrong.

I'm trying to send ADAT signal from my multiface on my old computer to my new babyface on my new laptop, but I'm getting no signal at the babyface.

TotalMix at the old computer is sending the signal, with output bars, to the Analog outputs (I can hear the sound in my speakers) as well as to two pairs of ADAT outputs (A1 A2 A3 A4). I think I've got sync between the two computers, as the new computer & babyface is set to Optical In, and if I change the Sample Rate to 96000 it will say in red 88200, plus the Sync light is on on the babyface itself. But no signal at any of the babyface TotalMix inputs.

Any ideas?

Re: ADAT from Multiface to Babyface - no signal

Okay - I'm pretty sure the ADAT cable is fine because I just reversed it and I WAS able to send audio from the babyface to the multiface without any problems at all...

I don't need two cables do I? I don't see why I would, as in what I'm trying to do the Multiface would be sending clock signal AND audio to the babyface - nothing would need to go the other direction, would it?

Check the HDSP Settings app, is ADAT (or Optical) selected for SPDIF Out?

You'll need a bi-directional connection for clock, but only if the Babyface is to be the master clock.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Yeah, my multiface is set to Optical for SPDIF out... I'm fine with the multiface being the master for now, but I just want to get audio from the multiface to the babyface over adat at this point.

If you want to use the MF optical out as ADAT, you have to uncheck this box.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks... that worked, although it's got quite a bit of crackling, so I guess the sync isn't working properly... i'll try and see what happens when I buy another cable and use the BF as the master...

Make sure your Babyface is set to sync to ADAT in.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

In Fireface USB settings dialog, under Clock Mode, the Clock Source is set to Optical In.

Is that what you mean? One problem I have is that for some reason on my monitor I cannot see the Input Status at the bottom of this settings box, and it won't let me scroll down or resize the box - it just doesn't fit font size and spacing wise, so I can't see anything at the bottom.