1 (edited by knoll 2012-10-12 20:12:47)

Topic: UFX: Output Mix Controls Disabled When Using USB. Normal?

Hi,

I've wondered a couple of times why are output mix controls disabled when the unit is connected to computer (I'm using USB). Is it normal? As soon as I unplug USB cable, output mix controls are enabled.

By output mix controls I mean the Vol and Pan controls on the unit when you press Channel and scroll to any output with knob 1 and choose any of the Mix tabs (Mix - Analog In, Mix - AES In, Mix - ADAT In) with knob 2. When scrolling through the controls by pressing knob 2, all Vol and Pan controls are disabled (gray background).

2 (edited by fripholm 2012-10-13 16:57:05)

Re: UFX: Output Mix Controls Disabled When Using USB. Normal?

I'd like to know this as well. Got my brand new UFX yesterday and stumbled upon this issue. Just found this post but no answers yet. Unfortunately the manual isn't very helpful...

Anyone?

In page 11 of the latest UFX manual,

"In online mode some settings are greyed out, as these should be changed only at the computer
in the Settings dialog or in TotalMix. These include the choice of sample rate and the Mix settings."

My UFX also does the same thing (Mix is greyed out when connected to a computer).

ed: I skipped the Quick Start section when I read the manual. And yes, there it is. Thanks for pointing that out.