1 (edited by alt0134 2012-10-19 18:17:42)

Topic: Fireface 800 midi drivers won't load

Greetings RME community, i have a fireface 800 random problem where the midi drivers won't load up....  the audio interface works fine asio and total mix and the RME control all perfectly fine.... it's just the stupid midi drivers....
so i restart the computer and turn off the RME card.... 4 a few secs... and reboot.... sometimes that fixes it but sometimes not....
the orange light signal from the midi controller.... is sending fine....
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

specs.

Fireface 800
RME driver 2.95
XP service pack 2
Dell 4600 (old ass computer but works fine)
2GB ram
2.4 GHz Pentium(R)

please advise...

Re: Fireface 800 midi drivers won't load

Hello,

have you got other audio and MIDI devices beside the FF800? Also, the driver is outdated, please test the current one.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanx 4 the reply Daniel...

i do have another soundcard... Creative Live SB/Sound Max installed... but there aren't any IRQ conflicts...  i only use that card 4 playing audio thru win media player... and browser audio tasks...
the RME card only runs in the hi-end audio apps....

as far as driver updates this 2.95 is the last version that works under XP service pack 2 (whatever build i've got)  as i've tried a few of the later and latest drivers and then my RME totalmix/panel just freeze up.... which is obviously worse...

is there a way 2 re-install the factory firmware/ reset the FF800 2 original factory drivers?

What i'd like to know is all the possible reasons as 2 why the midi drivers don't load consistently.....  and i can trouble-shoot from there...  process of elimination....

i also read in the manual that in the mac version there's a specific midi driver that can become corrupt and then steps 2 deleting it and copying original midi driver into a specific folder.... so in the PC version is their a similar file somewhere that i can delete and reinstall?

Other than midi lags in recording drivers, this card has worked amazingly well for the last several years.... i keep this computer defragged and its virus free...  recently reinstalled the C: drive so everything is on a fairly fresh partition.... and all apps registered working fine....  so not sure else what 2 do....

cheers...

alt0134

alt0134 wrote:

as far as driver updates this 2.95 is the last version that works under XP service pack 2 (whatever build i've got)  as i've tried a few of the later and latest drivers and then my RME totalmix/panel just freeze up.... which is obviously worse...

The 3.x drivers require the latest firmware 2.77. What is in your unit?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by alt0134 2012-10-25 13:09:32)

MC wrote:

The 3.x drivers require the latest firmware 2.77. What is in your unit?

RME FireFace 800
winXP/2000 driver 2.95
firmware hardware revision 2.77

thx 4 ur response Matthias...

alt0134