Topic: Double Midi Notes Being Recorded

Hi, I just bought a brand new HDSP 9632. Everything's fine, except that all MIDI is being recorded with double notes - that is, one behind the other. If I move a note, I can see the one below it. I need to do a 'Delete Doubles' command on EVERY Midi file I record... don't need to tell you that's a pain!

I thought it was my keyboard or MIDI cable at fault. But when I reconnected my old MOTU Interface, the problem disappeared. So it is definitely a problem with the 9632 or the Breakout Cable.

OR it could be some sensitivity setting for MIDI, if such a thing exists...

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE???

I use Cubase 6 on Windows XP at the moment.

Thanks a lot!

Remo Fernandes, Goa, India.

Re: Double Midi Notes Being Recorded

Can you reproduce this with other software, e.g. Reaper? Which version of the HDSP driver is installed?

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi, I just bought a brand new HDSP 9632. Everything's fine, except that all MIDI is being recorded with double notes - that is, one behind the other. If I move a note, I can see the one below it. I need to do a 'Delete Doubles' command on EVERY Midi file I record... don't need to tell you what a pain that is!

I thought it was my keyboard or MIDI cable at fault. But when I reconnected my old MOTU Interface, the problem disappeared. So it is definitely a problem with the 9632 or the Breakout Cable.

OR it could be some sensitivity setting for MIDI, if such a thing exists...

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE???

I use Cubase 6 on Windows XP at the moment. I know that's ancient, but I've been having software adaptability problems with Windows 7. But those are being solved right now.

Thanks a lot!

Remo Fernandes
Goa, India

Check your DAW input midi config...you might have two midi in activated

Problem solved with MIDI configuration in  the software.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME