Topic: Gaming/Movies/Recording on Fireface UC

I'd like to watch movies/youtube, game and record with the fireface UC hooked up to 2 active monitors.  Can the fireface UC be set for system sounds, movies, youtube?  And, then when I'd like to record, be set only as a daw?  If so, how would I make this adjustment?

Thank you.

Re: Gaming/Movies/Recording on Fireface UC

There isn't really anything to set and adjust... You can both set the device as default audio and select its ASIO driver in your DAW... Both can coexist peacefully.

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by Paganus 2012-10-29 03:16:58)

Thank you Daniel.  Does the Fireface 400 offer the same experience as the UC in terms of default audio and asio driver in a daw?  Trying to decide between the 400 & UC to be used on an i7 3820 with an asus p5b - usb & firewire.

I have the UC and use it for all those things, all you need to do is switch off the system sounds when using it a a DAW, card has windows drivers so you dont really need to change anything. However if you are using 5.1 then things get a little more complicated. As you appear to be just using stereo then what problems are you actually having, I assume you must be having some issues or else you wouldn,t have posted the question.