Topic: Babyface, no sound...help please

Hey guys,
So I bought a babyface and I have no sound.
Basically, I use nuendo; I can ear clearly the click but I cannot ear the synth.
I plug my keyboard L/Mono to the Guitar symbol on the babyface, and the headphones symbol on the babyface to speakers.
In the VST Connections, I changed stereo to mono.
I've got a tiny bit of gain on TotalMix (even if the fader is on 0).
I hope someone will be able to give me an advise.
I'm a beginner so please be kind.
Thanks,
Vincent

Re: Babyface, no sound...help please

I just bought the babyface as well, you will have to look at the manual a bit to get the most use out of it.

The matrix mixer handles the routing of ins / outs on the device.  The faders in totalmix then control the volumes.  There is a selector for main out as well.  It's more than a little confusing, but after a day with it, I'm beginning to get a handle on it.

I would look at totalmix and see what you can do there.  Your keyboard might be expecting a hi-Z (high impedance) input, I think that can be selected in one of the settings menus.  I know I had to do it for my guitar.

I know that isn't very specific, but I'm at work without my babyface right with me.

My problem is that I don't know where I am wrong;
I don't know if I've missed something with nuendo or with Totalmix or even with both of them.
I read the manual, but I still can't find a solution, that's why I asked for help of this forum.
Thanks for your reply smile
Vincent

have you tried looking at the tutorials here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCH3qVaL … ature=plcp

@captainfaggo Thanx for the link, it's been really really helpful for me smile