Topic: Fireface UC using both 5.1 and stereo.

I have a fireface UC and i totally love it. low latency and excellent audio quality. I use Mackie HR824 (old version) as my main reference monitors in stereo and im thinking of bying a 5.1 surround system including 5 Genelec 8020 monitors and a Genelec 7050B sub.

MAIN  QUESTION: What is the best way to connect that  Genelec 5.1 system and my HR824 monotors so i can listen to Genelec when im mixing 5.1 and listen to my HR824 when Im mixing in stereo?

Re: Fireface UC using both 5.1 and stereo.

As there are only 6 analog outputs the only way to do this would be to have your main stereo out on a speaker switch to the 8020s and the HR824s. The other outputs would be for the center, rear and sub. alternatively swap your HR824s for some digital monitors and use the SPIF outputs.

I have 2x 8040s and two rear 8030s + a 750sub (no center speaker, I sum this using totalmix). This works for me but isn'tideal, I cobbled this together when i picked up some 8040s dirt cheap. Sounds amazing for movies and games but I still just make music in stereo at the moment. My 8040s have loads of bass so I no longer need the sub for making tunes.