Topic: HDSP 9636 and Raydat sound error

hello guys,

I just installed a new Raydat card in my pc that already had a HDSP 9636 the following happens during import audio into my daw software.

after importing audio in my seq software the interface sounds distorted and changing the rate from 512 to another setting makes it work but after a wile the same problem occurs.

i have the latest updates on the cards instald even the cards are update flashed. never had problems with the HDSP 9636 before. and i had a RME digi9652 instald everything was clean as a wissle.

system info:
Asus mobo 4 core intell. 2.4
im running OS xp pro
Nuendo 3 and protools 9.

any idears on how to solve this?

thanks,
dutch

Re: HDSP 9636 and Raydat sound error

Anybody of the forum mods gonna answer to the issue i have ?

it's frustrating not to get a decent sound when u play it in nuendo or protools and suddenly the sounds gets distorted. can this be the raydat card because with the hdsp 9632 i never had this problem. changing the sample rate does help for a min or 10 then it starts again  on analog and even on spdif outs same thing.

answers please.

The DIGI card and HDSPe card use different drivers, and cannot be used together by an audio app.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

hello Jeff, the digi9652 and the Hdsp 9632 hat was my old setup and i used them seperately. worked fine no issues there.

we are talking about 2HDSP cards the 9632 and a Raydat my new setup. this is causing problems while importing and playback after a wile as i said it starts to distort.
musical cracks terable.

i have uninstald the old drivers, and after that instald the new.

So i am looking for clearance there. thank you for that first reply.

Did you sync the cards, by word clock or else? Otherwise the 'distortion after some time' would be fully normal.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

hi MC
to your answer yes clock is external genarated by an O2R and distributed by a mutec and true adat in the daydat. and it's the same way i did it with my digi9652 card only it had an external wc I/O.

i testing it for 2 days and tryed all the things i know so far yet nothing solved.

thank you for your reply.

kind regards,

Ronald

You do have to check that sync is always there by having the Settings dialog open. If it is and the distortion comes back then most probably either PCI or PCI Express have a temporary problem that unsyncs the cards. As the ASIO driver requires them to be in total sync you will hear the distortion then.

Importing and playback need hard drive access, that might be a hint.

Also use and observe the DPC Latency checker until the distortion starts:

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello Matthias,

well it shows clean and around 200us latency and lower so no distortion. i will check all my bnc cables tomorrow and run some new ones, I will let you know what happens.

it mite be a lil kink because every thing shows up clean really frustrating right.

but hey really greatfull for the input so far.

kind regards,

Ronald