Topic: Problem with Babyface

I was switching my babyface between different usb ports and suddenly the sound stopped working.

I restarted the computer and now the babyface either does not playback or the sound is louder out of the right channel than the left.

This can even be seen when you turn the wheel on the babyface, the lights on the right side go up and down as normal, while those on the left stay stationary or do go up but not in sync with ther right.

I have tried removing (from device manager and uninstall programs in win 7) and reinstalling the drivers but the same problem happens on reinstallation. 

I am almost certain this is a driver issue/software, could someone tell me a way of entirely removing the drivers (already tried removing all babyface and fireface entries in regedit) or suggest which of the drivers may have been corrupted by switching usb ports, or any suggestions really, this is just ridiculous.

They are normal usb ports, not 3.0 and everything was working fine for the last 2 weeks until I switched between usb ports 3 or 4 times in a row. I have also updated the drivers and firmware to latest versions.

Thanks,

Jon

Re: Problem with Babyface

Can you please check the Babyface with a different computer? Could be a hardware failure. The issue you reported is not a known problem.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Tried with Eee PC running XP and it worked fine. Placed back on my PC and its the same, sound much louder on right channel and lights for left channel do not go up and down in sync with the right. Please help, there must be a simple solution to this.

Have you ever opened TotalMix and checked (or reset) the current routing/mixer state?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Which driver version did you install? Which firmware is flashed to the unit?

Please try a "Total Reset" of Totalmix FX: Options Menu > Reset Mix > Total Reset.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I hadn't used the mixer before, now I feel like a total prat. Mixer was set to right side, didn't consider this because in foobar2000 the sound didn't play at all, windows balance was set to even so assumed driver problem as I hadn't touched the mixer. But once the mixer is set to neutral, foobar2000 works again. Thanks so much for the help and sorry for the silly problem. Will learn to check the mixer in future.