Topic: RayDat and Protools

Greetings!  I think this issue may have been somewhat addressed before, but I just installed a Raydat card into my new Magma Thunderbolt expansion chassis which is connected to a new iMac.   I'm running ProTools 9 HD.  Everything seems to be working great while testing outputs with a previously recorded session except my AES output.  When looking at the HDSP mixer all the channel outputs will receive audio from my PT session except AES.  That output DOES work fine however when using Peak, my two track editor. 

I want to be able to use all the RayDat outputs and inputs in PT simultaneously, as they are wonderfully connected to 2 Rosetta 800's (via ADAT/SMUX) and a Rosetta 200 (via the AES).  Is there any way to be able to use the AES channels as is or do I have to perform some sort of re-routing work around?  Hopefully this is an issue that is receiving attention.

Thanks!

George

Re: RayDat and Protools

PT is limited to 32 channels with non-Avid hardware. Considering the 4 ADAT I/Os, SPDIF is just outside that range.

For playback, you could just use an otherwise unused ADAT channel and route signal to the SPDIF or AES in the HDSP mixer.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: RayDat and Protools

Thanks!  I didn't know that.  Oh well.  Hopefully I won't need more than 16 channels of input.