1 (edited by Nathan 2012-11-07 17:15:36)

Topic: Good 775-socket motherboard for fireface 800/400? Need advice!

The other topic I started tells the story of how my ff800 is making my computer crash.

I think I need a new motherboard to finally get to use the ff800.
What motherboard do you use/have you used succesfully with the fireface 800, or for that matter, the fireface 400?

I'm thinking about these (list may grow), but I need your experience. I'll buy whatever board you suggest that has been working correctly with the fireface using the 775 socket. (These boards have been checked to work for at least some people on the internet)

ASUS P5K-V,  (via fw)
ASUS P5K-E/WiFi-ap (agere fw)
Asus P5B-E (via fw)
Asus P5B-E Plus
P5W DH Deluxe (texas instrumentes fw)
P5B-Deluxe WiFi

Note that I intend to use a dawicontrol PCIe card for the firewire connection (TI chip), but I've got this feeling that when a motherboard at least features an onboard fw chip, they must have tested the motherboards capability of atleast processing firewire signal.

I'm hoping for some suggestions!!! Thanks.

Re: Good 775-socket motherboard for fireface 800/400? Need advice!

I have good experience with the P5W DH deluxe and firewire audio (not RME) but I have run my HDSP 9652 on it. It is a very good mobo, and identical to the P5W, which is only missing the now outdated wifi module.
But my advice would be to go with a P5Q serie motherboard with p45 chipset (not p43 etc). If you ever want to upgrade your cpu to the fastest on s775 this one has the best chipset. On the p5w the q6600 is the highest the you can run reliably. On a p5q the Q9550 which is 30% faster.

I have never run W7 64 on my P5W so do check that. My P5Q works with W7 64.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Re: Good 775-socket motherboard for fireface 800/400? Need advice!

Hey Vinark, thanks for your suggestion. I should add that im just looking for a motherboard to help me survive untill the Haswell chip comes out. So, a cheap board basically with known compatibility with the ff800. That is all actually. The search continues...