Topic: Fireface 400 - Win 8 - FF400=No way

Hello,

I bought Fireface 400  in May 2009, 3´5 years ago. Before that date i owned a Fireface 800. RME UFX and other USB interfaces still was not available at may 2009. I paid for the excellent RME hardware, at least for me there is no doubt that´s the way it is, and also paid for RME bullet-proof drivers, thought, in this case, based in my experience, in the past. As a Windows user i began having problems with my RME FW400 and microsoft new FW drivers. Ok, i then swicthed drivers and used legacy MS FW driver. Now in win 8 things are getting more weird. No signed FW legacy drivers from MS. Constant PC Hangs, Resets...Ok. I can force to make Win 8  boot without signed drivers, copy win 7 legacy FW drivers to a folder, boot in troubleshot mode...etc... but the case is i´m getting tired about this stuff. Microsoft is guilty? may be in some way but not all of it. The fact is my RME FF400, the one i bought to RME, cos i trusted in RME, not Microsoft, not intel, not via, and just 3,5 years ago, just do not work the way it should be, with new win 8. ¿So my "Young" FF400 is obsolete?.

Everything I had read about RME position in this problem, is: Not our fault, is microsoft fault... Good Luck.

RME, I trusted in you, not in MS. When i decided to pay the extra cash for the extra hardware&drivers quality RME always meaned to me, i trusted in you.

As a profesional musician I had been an RME follower from long time ago, but i am tired. Cos i´m a Windows user, ¿Is time to trash FF400 and switch to another brand&option? Hope not.

Thanks to listen to me. I really need to share this thoughts, just before accepting i trashed my money when i bought FF400 mid 2009, and actually considering getting a new audio interface from somewhere else.

Re: Fireface 400 - Win 8 - FF400=No way

FF800 running beautifully in Win8 on a shabby 7 year old
notbook, over here.

Re: Fireface 400 - Win 8 - FF400=No way

So your Firewire port is not compatible with Microsoft's new driver stack and you blame RME? Maybe you should get a new Firewire port/interface that works without legacy drivers then?!