1 (edited by acoufhaine 2012-11-11 18:48:54)

Topic: Problems of crack when connect 2 fireface 800 (Windows7/cubase 6)

Hi!
First of all thanks for your work!Recording with RME is a pleasure.

So, i recently buy a 2nd Fireface 800 to worked with 56 channel. Both fireface worked great when using only one. But when i connect both (via 2 firewire 800 link to 2 FW800 input of my computer card (texas instrument chipset), some cracks apears (like "not so much" RAM effect), or no sound in the sequencer, or i've got some errors message: (When tryng to open RME software:) "the driver version requieres at least firmware revision 2.77, please download the latest..."

When sounds worked but cracks it increse the number of problems in the "fireface settings" counter of the 2nd Unit (initially to 0, it goes fast over 200 issues)(1st unit rest at 0)

I instal the latest drivers (3.069) and the latest firmware (2.77) and i put the latency at the highest level (1024), but always the same problems.

The CPU monitor and the RAM monitor show me a use of 3Go of ram and less than 30% of CPU charge, even whenn i try to records all channels.

Cracks stop whenn i delete all the track of the 2nd Unit in my sequencer.

--MY SOFTWARE CONFIG:--
-Windows 7 64Bit complette édition
-Proc' intel I7 2700K, 3,50GHz
-16Go of RAM
-Asio config with Cubase 6.5 in 64 bit
-Latest drivers for RME (3.069 and 2.77 Firmware)

--HARDWARE CONFIG--

All the config is clocked (and set to word clock input for the reference clock) with a mutec MC3. (with 75ohm terminaison)

I've got Focusrite Isa 220 connected on spdif, and 2 focusrite octopre connected on the 2 adat in of the 1st unit.

I've got 2 presonus digimax d8 connected to the 2 adat in of the 2nd unit

So it worked well with records of 28 simultaneous track, but with one more of the second unit i got issues.
Don't hesitate to ask if you need some information more.
Thanks for answer, best reguards

Romain

Re: Problems of crack when connect 2 fireface 800 (Windows7/cubase 6)

Hi !

It seems that it's a clock issue on your second FF800. The MC3 has only six Clock outs, and you have seven pieces to clock. How is really clocked every converter ?

JM

Hi!

Big thanks for answer!
I just found the problem! After check solution about word clock (cables etc)(thanks for idea), i thought about other type of synchro. In fact one of the 2 new Firewire 800 cable that i just bought last week for that (for have 2 identical) seams to had a false contact, or have a problem. When i checked it alone it was OK, the issue only comes with the two unit plugged.
Then, when just changing it by a shorter and better one (but not paired) using the two unit, it's ok.

Maybe it comes from the firewire 800 and my computer card (before addition of the two cables was longer than 4,5m and now it's shorter).

So that works for me now with two good cables (one from 3m and other from 1,5m).

Thanks a lot!

Best reguards

Romain

PS: MC3 set up: i use the 6 isolated out from rear and the 1 from front.

You're welcome !

JM