Topic: Baby Face SPDIF out to Minidisc Player

Hi...I just bought a Baby Face and I'm trying to transfer tracks from Sonar X1 Producer to my mini disc player using my optical cable.
With my old Audiophile 24/96 card I had a spdif break out cable that went to a Midiman coaxial/optical converter.
I then used an optical cable out ot the converter to my mini disc player.

When I try going out of the back of the Baby Face using an optical cable and then feeding the optical cable into the mini disc player
I get no signal. The only way I can get things to work is to use an analog cable.
In the Fireface USB settings I have set Optical Out to SPDIF. My Master Control in Sonar is assigned to Asio Fireface USB Analog 1(1) .
Also in Total Mix where Control Room is located the Main Out is assigned to AN 1/2
Someone metioned that RME has something called TOSLINK but I'm not familiar with it.
Can anyone please help me solve this problem.
Thanks in advance for your help

Re: Baby Face SPDIF out to Minidisc Player

sparkey wrote:

Also in Total Mix where Control Room is located the Main Out is assigned to AN 1/2

Here's your mistake, no signal actually going out to SPDIF at all, it seems. Set Main to AS 1/2 and make sure signal is going there. Or set these channels as default audio device.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks for your help. I just tried changing the Main to AS1/2 but I see there is now no signal going there.
Can you please tell me how to route my sound to AS1/2 because I had someone more experienced set up my Total Mix
and I don't know how to do it.
Thanks in advance.

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5039

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I just went through the tutorial and got things working. Thanks for your help.

I have another question. If I update my drivers and firmware will that effect any of my presets in Total Mix because I don't want to lose them. Thanks.

a) No, b) You can save them first... cool

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks Daniel .